Congratulations to the winners of the Heritage Saskatchewan summer photo contest!
The prizes of the 2018 contest have been awarded as follows:
- Darcy Senft - an old bow-style bridge near Scotsguard, SK
- Melanie Gray - the inside staircase of the Humboldt, SK, water tower, built 1915. There are only four of these water towers remaining in the province
Intangible Cultural Heritage (ICH)
- Wanda Hudson - a Pow Wow in Moose Jaw, SK
- Jody Seidler - a small ranch branding in spring 2018 in Success, SK
We also had two honourable mentions in each of the two categories:
- Darcy Senft - wheat field and old farm house near Horizon, SK (physical heritage)
- Rachelle Apperley - pumpjack silhouette with a beautiful SK sunset, south east Saskatchewan (physical heritage)
- Jody Seidler - riders heading out to round up the calves for branding in Success, SK (ICH)
- Chris Jones - horseshoes being fitted using the traditional method of heat, anvil and hammer. Taken south of Carnduff, SK (ICH)
We would like to thank everybody who entered for sharing your great photos with us. Any images that are used for future promotional purposes will be credited on the website.