Submissions are now open! Follow the links for category details and submission forms
Deadline: August 27, 2021
Submit nominations at the links above, by email, or by mail:
1867 MacKay Street, Regina, Saskatchewan, S4N 6E7
If submitting via email or mail, download the PDF forms here:
Submissions must include the following:
- Completed form (see form links under Eligibility Criteria/Award Categories)
- Name of the person making the nomination - including their address, email and phone number(s).
This is the person with whom all communications will occur regarding the nomination, throughout the nomination process.
- Name of the project - including (if applicable) the address, email and phone number(s).
- Date of completion of the project.
- A detailed description, not to exceed 100 words, explaining why this project should be recognized.
- Supporting materials for the nomination, which could include - photographs, video clips, news clippings, website links, other printed material or information which the nominator deems relevant to the nomination (electronic images must have a resolution of 300 dpi and all photographs must be labeled).
For the Physical Heritage Conservation category , besides the above required information, the following is also required:
- Completed submission form.
- Name, address, email and phone number(s) of each of the following (as appropriate): Owner, architect, prime contractor, any notable crafts persons involved, other.
- Brief history of building (whatever is known), including:
- Date of construction, original owner, original architect, original builder, chronology of occupancies, chronology of alterations.
- Details of Current Project:
- date of completion, description of heritage features involved, description of work done, any particular achievements.
- Provide three or more photographs showing:
- Primary elevation, detailed “before” pictures of work, detailed “after” pictures of work.
- Entries submitted in previous years that did not receive an award may be resubmitted in subsequent years. No limit will be placed on the number of times a nomination may be submitted.
- No nomination or expression of support for a nomination may be made by a current Heritage Saskatchewan board member or staff person.
- Heritage Saskatchewan reserves the right not to confer an award in a given category in a given year.
- June 14: Call for Submissions
- Aug 27: Deadline for Submissions
- September: Jury deliberations occur
- Mid-Sept: Award recipients are notified
- November: Virtual Award presentations via Zoom
- Award recipients will be notified about their being selected, as per timeline listed above.
- Only those chosen for awards will be contacted.
- Award recipients will receive a certificate, signed by the Lieutenant Governor of Saskatchewan.
- Heritage Saskatchewan will also be producing a special one-minute video for each award winner featuring the winning project. Winners may use the video on their websites and social media.
- In the case of multiple contributors to a project, then there will be multiple certificates made; ensuring that all those being recognized receive a certificate.