Send your submission by email, or by mail:
1867 MacKay Street, Regina, Saskatchewan, S4N 6E7
Submission Form (PDF format): Community Development
Community Development, for the purposes of this award, is defined as projects or initiatives that support the betterment of the social, cultural, environmental, or economic life of the community. This award recognises community-driven approaches that are holistic, including a consideration of culture and heritage - the values, beliefs, and ways of living that matter most to residents.
Possible examples of submission could include Ecomuseums, Main Street communities, Business Improvement Districts, communities with culture-led community planning processes, or other community development entities.
Awards in this category will be given to projects and initiatives that:
- Demonstrate commitment, creativity and leadership;
- Serve as a catalyst for further ongoing work in the community;
- Are collaborative (for example, projects that work purposefully towards multi-disciplinary, inter-sectoral, or intergenerational approaches or which cross-conventional community geographic boundaries);
- Are inclusive, or cross-cultural;
- Demonstrates a strong and sustained commitment to community development (i.e. written policies or regulations, to support on-going heritage initiatives);
- Demonstrates a positive impact beyond the community to the wider region or province;
- Engage in values-based community engagement to make plans for the future.