DECEMBER 2019/JANUARY 2020
- Beginning in December 2019, teachers may register for the 2020 Heritage Fairs season on Heritage Saskatchewan's website.
- At this point, teachers register their classroom/school and the total number of their students creating projects. Once registration of teachers is closed in February, Regional Committees will inform teachers how many students they can send to the Regional Fair.
- If they have not started already, students begin their projects. It is generally advisable that students begin their projects no later than the teacher registration deadline at the beginning of February.
February 3 (Monday)
- Deadline to register your classroom to participate in the Heritage Fair program. Please use the online registration system
- Each teacher participating may register their classes, or one teacher at the school can register all of the classes and include the additional teachers' names at the bottom of the registration page.
- By the end of February, Regional Heritage Fair Committees (and/or Heritage Saskatchewan) will inform registered teachers how many students can represent each school at the Regional Heritage Fair.
February/March/beginning of April
- Local Heritage Fairs at schools. (Can take place earlier in December/January as well.)
- Once students are selected for the Regional Heritage Fairs, please use the online registration system to register the winning students. Teachers are encouraged to register their students that have been selected to attend the Regional Fairs as soon as their school fair has been completed.
April 6 (Monday) (subject to change as dates for Regional Heritage Fairs are finalised)
- Deadline for registration of students for all Regional Heritage Fairs. Please use the online registration system.
- Currently, the website will close for registrations as of 11:59pm on Monday, April 6 and anyone who has made a request in advance for extension after this date must submit registrations via email.
- Teachers should work with Monday, April 6, as the registration deadline for the Regional Fairs when planning their own timelines.
April 10-19 (Easter Break)
April 28 (Tuesday) - Swift Current Regional Heritage Fair @ Swift Current Museum
April 29 or April 30 (Wednesday or Thursday) - Moose Jaw Regional Heritage Fair @ Moose Jaw Western Development Museum
TBD - Saskatoon Tribal Council Heritage Fair @ Remai Modern Art Gallery
May 8 (Friday) – Regina Regional Heritage Fair @ Campus Regina Public
May 13-14 (Wed.-Thurs.) – Saskatoon Regional Heritage Fair @ Saskatoon Western Development Museum
May 21 (Thursday) – Deadline for registration of students for Provincial Heritage Fair (tentative)
May 26 & 27 (Tues.-Wed.) – 2020 Provincial Heritage Fair @ Government House
The 2020 Provincial Heritage Fair will be held at Government House in Regina. Participating students have the opportunity to represent their school, meet other students from across the province, present their projects to the public including elected officials, heritage practitioners (archaeologist, historian, architect, community planners, et cetera) and interested individuals, participate in exciting, hands-on, interactive workshops and presentations and compete for awards. Details about accommodations, travel, workshops, judging, et cetera will be provided closer to the date.