The 2019 Swift Current Regional Heritage Fair will take place on Thursday, May 2, at the Swift Current Museum. Some students' projects will be on display for visitors at the Museum throughout the month of April.
The 2018 Swift Current Regional Heritage Fair took place on Thursday, April 26th, at the Swift Current Museum. The Heritage Fair included exciting activities for students hosted by the Saskatchewan Archaeological Society, Nature Saskatchewan, and the Swift Current Museum, as well as numerous awards.
Congratulations to all who participated in the 2018 Swift Current Regional Heritage Fair!
A special congratulations to the following award winners:
- Arts, Sports & Leisure Award: Bethany Schultz, Girl Guides of Canada
- Citizenship & Governance Award: Jonah Stechyshyn, Greatest Canadian: Tommy Douglas
- First Nations & Métis Heritage Award: Mapalo Mushoriwa, Residential Schools
- Genealogical Heritage Award: Morgan Gerwing, My Family Heritage
- Military Heritage Award: Mya Leibel, Dieppe Raid
- Multicultural Heritage Award: Olamiposi Akinfiresoy, Diversity in Canada
- Natural Heritage Award: Nicholas Cloutier, Cypress Hills
- Science & Technology Award: Nate LaForge, Treasure Valley Markets
- Archives Award: Sophie Carlson, My Family Tree
- Digital Award: Summer St. Cyr, The Inuit
- Innovation Award: Julienne Valle, Symbols of Saskatchewan and Canada
- Historical Thinking Award: Maddex Gording-Dovell, Canada's Role in WWII
Saskatchewan Heritage Foundation Saskatchewan History Award: Kaleb McBurney, Jean-Louis Legare
Saskatchewan Sports Hall of Fame Sport Heritage Award: Dane Williams, The Rocket
Selected for Provincial Fair:
- Dane Williams, The Rocket
- Mapalo Mushoriwa, Residential Schools
- Kaleb McBurney, Jean-Louis Legare
- Mya Leibel, Dieppe Raid
Teachers must register (through the Heritage Saskatchewan website) to participate in the Heritage Fair program by the first Monday in February of each year. In 2018, that deadline was February 5.
Approximately one month after teachers have registered, the Swift Current Regional Heritage Fair Committee will let registered teachers know how many students can represent their schools at the Swift Current Regional Heritage Fair.
Once teachers have completed their Classroom and/or School Heritage Fair, teachers register their students selected to represent their school at the Regional Fair by April 6, 2018, on the online registration system (through the Heritage Saskatchewan website).
Please contact Stephanie Kaduck, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the Swift Current Regional Heritage Fair.
Please contact Katherine Gilks for more information about the Heritage Fairs program in general, or for questions regarding registration.