The 2019 Saskatoon Tribal Council Heritage Fair took place Wednesday, May 8, at Remai Modern Art Gallery.
Congratulations to all who participated in the 2019 Saskatoon Tribal Council Regional Heritage Fair!
A special congratulations to the following award winners:
- Arts, Sports & Leisure Award: Austin Arcand & Dalyn Wattunee (Gr. 5), Making Hand Drums
- Citizenship & Governance Award: Tate Arcand & Konnor Pinay (Gr. 4), Sweatlodges
- Genealogy Award*: Chloe Badger & Arianna Johnstone (Gr. 6), Mistawasis Presbyterian Church
- Military Heritage Award: Memphis Poorman & Prairie Tony-Squirrel (Gr. 4), Indian Act 1876
- Multicultural Heritage Award: Trista Mckay & Desi Whitehead (Gr. 6), Bannock
- Natural Heritage Award: Bobbi Dreaver & Farrah Pechawis (Gr. 7), Traditional Medicines
- Science & Technology Award: Fallyn Moyah-Arcand & Felicity Pinay (Gr. 4), Making Moosehide
- Society & Justice Award: Landon Stonestand & Kingsly Quinton (Gr. 4), Residential Schools
- Archives Award: Kaydence Watson (Gr. 6), Beaverskinning
- Digital Media Award: Corbin Rabbitskin & Avery Watson (Gr. 5), Mistawasis Land History
- Innovation Award: Peyton Johnstone & Landon Osborne (Gr. 4), Cree Constellations
- Historical Thinking Award: Dezmin Campeau & Rihanna Nippi (Gr. 7), Mossbag Teachings
Saskatchewan Heritage Foundation Saskatchewan History Award: Camaa Neapetung & Rogan Roper (Gr. 5), First Nations Tools
* - In 2019, the Genealogy Award was sponsored by the Saskatchewan Genealogical Society.
A special congratulations to those selected for the Provincial Heritage Fair:
- Tate Arcand & Konnor Pinay (Gr. 4), Sweatlodges
- Fallyn Moyah-Arcand & Felicity Pinay (Gr. 4), Making Moosehide
- Austin Arcand & Dalyn Wattunee (Gr. 5), Making Hand Drums
- Kaydence Watson (Gr. 6), Beaverskinning
- Bobbi Dreaver & Farrah Pechawis (Gr. 7), Traditional Medicines
Please contact Lori McAuley at email@example.com for more information about the Saskatoon Tribal Council Regional Heritage Fair.
Please contact Katherine Gilks for more information about the Heritage Fairs program in general, or for questions regarding registration.