Due to Covid-19 restrictions, the 2021 Provincial Fair has been cancelled. Be sure to check out our province-wide Virtual Heritage Fair!
Check back regularly for updates regarding the 2022 Fairs season
Heritage Saskatchewan would like to thank everybody involved for making the 2019 Heritage Fairs season such a great success!
Check out the photos from the 2019 Provincial Heritage Fair!
Heritage Saskatchewan is delighted to announce that SaskTel was a sponsor of the 2019 Provincial Heritage Fair - thanks to SaskTel for its support of this important event!
Congratulations to all who took part in the 2019 Provincial Heritage Fair!
The event featured 59 students from across the province and their projects on diverse heritage topics of local, provincial, and national significance. Some of the topics featured this year: Vimy Ridge, the Vikings, sweat lodges, the IMAX, the Acadian Expulsion, and the Summit Series, to name only a few!
A special congratulations to the award winners!
Archives Award: Renee Cote (Grade 7, Shaunavon), for her project My Importance to Canada
Digital Media Award: Sherada Done (Grade 6, Saskatoon), for her project Stamps & Their Sticky Past
Innovation Award: George Wang (Grade 8, Saskatoon), for his project The Future of the Film Industry: IMAX
Historical Thinking Award: David Cloutier & Sophie Dupeyron (Grade 4, Regina), for their project Les camps d'internement japonais
Saskatchewan Archaeological Society Award: Ari Vass (Grade 6, Saskatoon), for his project Winnie the Pooh
2019 Saskatchewan Genealogical Society 50th Anniversary Award: Ella Truszkowski (Grade 7, Regina), for her project L'histoire de mes ancêtres polonais
Top Ten Projects by Judges' Scores:
- The Future of the Film Industry: IMAX (George Wang, Grade 8, Saskatoon)
- Hutterite Colonies and Their Way of Life (Allery Lang, Grade 8, Regina)
- Canadian Hydrogen Intensity Mapping Experiment (C.H.I.M.E.) (Emma-Leigh Vancoughnett, Grade 8, Moose Jaw)
- Lester B. Pearson (Connor Francis, Grade 4, Whitewood)
- Chris Hadfield: The First Canadian Commander of the ISS (Avery Surtees, Grade 7, Moose Jaw)
- Springhill: Ville de miracle (Lauren Boucher, Grade 7, Regina)
- Stamps & Their Sticky Past (Sheradan Done, Grade 6, Saskatoon)
- L'histoire de mes ancêtres polonais (Ella Truszkowski, Grade 7, Regina)
- The Vikings (Mary-Jane Doherty, Grade 8, Glentworth)
- Canada's Military Contribution During WWI (Nicholas Schenk, Grade 8, Moose Jaw)
Photos from the 2019 Provincial Heritage Fair are available here.
We also invite you to check out the photos from the Provincial Heritage Fairs in 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, and 2014. See for yourself how exciting this opportunity is for students! (Or just check out the wonderful projects...)
For details on the Provincial and Regional Heritage Fairs, contact Katherine Gilks.
Check out the podcast we made in 2016 here!
Students featured include Nada Emara, Mustafa Emara, Ally McBurney, Brooke Wingert, Isaiah MacDonald, Nabeera Siddiqi, Sage Amell, Avery Ebenal, Lynnisa Pasap, Kent Shumlich, Brynn Cullen, Mya Grabarczyk, and Emil Ouellet. (Listen and let me know if I missed anyone!) Also included are interviews with Katherine Gilks, Ingrid Cazakoff, and Heidi Keyzer (mother of Sage Amell).