DECEMBER 2017/JANUARY 2018
- Beginning in December 2017, teachers may register for the 2018 Heritage Fairs season on Heritage Saskatchewan's website. At this point, teachers register their classroom/school and the total number of their students creating projects. Once registration of teachers is closed in February, Regional Committees will inform teachers how many students they can send to the Regional Fair.
- Begin development of Heritage Fair projects using inquiry learning and plan for six weeks to complete the process.
- Saskatchewan students from grade 4 to 8 are eligible to participate. Students are asked to create a visual presentation (backboard, video, et cetera), written report including bibliography and be prepared to verbally present their project findings. Students in other grades can participate at the school level.
- In some schools only one classroom participates while in others many classrooms participate and a school Heritage Fair is organized.
February 5th (Monday)
- Deadline to register your classroom to participate in the Heritage Fair program. Please use the online registration system
- Each teacher participating may register their classes, or one teacher at the school can register all of the classes and include the additional teachers' names at the bottom of the registration page.
- Approximately two weeks after the deadline, your Regional Heritage Fair Committee will let you know how many students can represent your school at the Regional Heritage Fair.
February through beginning of April
- Local Heritage Fairs at schools.
- Once students are selected for the Regional Heritage Fairs, please use the online registration system to register the winning students. Teachers are encouraged to register their students that have been selected to attend the Regional Fairs as soon as their school fair has been completed. The Regional Heritage Fair Committees have lots of details to finalize for the event - they need a complete list of registrants to make the event happen in a timely manner.
April 9 (Monday)
- Deadline for registration of students for the Moose Jaw Regional Heritage Fair and the Regina Regional Heritage Fair. Please use the online registration system.
April 13 (Friday)
- Deadline for registration of students for all other Regional Heritage Fairs. Please use the online registration system.
- Currently, the website will close for registrations as of 11:59pm on Friday, April 13 and anyone who has made a request in advance for extension after this date must submit registrations via email.
April 19 (Thursday) – Moose Jaw Regional Heritage Fair @ Moose Jaw Western Development Museum
April 26 (Thursday) – Swift Current Regional Heritage Fair @ Swift Current Museum
May 4 (Friday) – Regina Regional Heritage Fair @ Campus Regina Public
May 10-11 (Thurs./Fri.) – Saskatoon Regional Heritage Fair @ Saskatoon Western Development Museum
May 11-12 (Fri./Sat.)- Saskatoon Tribal Council Heritage Fair @ Wanuskewin Heritage Park
May 11 (Friday) – Deadline for registration of students for Provincial Heritage Fair (from Regional Fairs that take place in April)
May 16 (Wednesday) – Deadline for registration of students for Provincial Heritage Fair (from Regional Fairs that take place in May)
May 23 & 24 (Wed.-Thurs.) – 2018 Provincial Heritage Fair @ Government House
The 2018 Provincial Heritage Fair will be held at Government House in Regina. Participating students have the opportunity to represent their school, meet other students from across the province, present their projects to the public including elected officials, heritage practitioners (archaeologist, historian, architect, community planners, et cetera) and interested individuals, participate in exciting, hands-on, interactive workshops and presentations and compete for awards. Details about accommodations, travel, workshops, judging, et cetera will be provided closer to the date.