The 2018 Regina Regional Heritage Fair will take place on Friday, May 4th, at Campus Regina Public.
The 2017 Regina Regional Heritage Fair took place on Friday, May 5th, at Campus Regina Public (1069 14th Ave E). The day included exciting, interactive activities for students – including the ArchaeoCaravan, Canadian Trivia, the Museums Association of Saskatchewan, and Nature Saskatchewan – as well as numerous awards.
Congratulations to all who participated in the 2017 Regina Regional Heritage Fair!
A special congratulations to the following award winners:
- Arts, Sports & Leisure Award: Mowyn Sewell-Sattler (Gr. 7), YouthWrite and the Importance of Art Camps
- Citizenship & Governance Award: Emil Ouellet (Gr. 7), Vimy Ridge
- First Nations & Métis Heritage Award: Jaci Thomson (Gr. 8), Forever First Nations
- Genealogical Heritage Award: Keelan Mansuy (Gr. 6), A Journey from Poland
- Military Heritage Award: Cedric Warren & Matthew McCluskey (Gr. 6), Fort Walsh
- Multicultural Heritage Award: Safia Pandya (Gr. 6), Viola Desmond
- Natural Heritage Award: Taylor Hall (Gr. 8), 4-H
- Science & Technological Innovations Award: Joshua Wiens (Gr. 5), Canola
- Archives Award: Talon Manby (Gr. 7), Indian Head Research Farm
- Digital Award: Claire Stephenson (Gr. 8), Arthur Erickson
- Innovation Award: Brynn Cullen & Charlie McNeil (Gr. 6), David Suzuki
- Historical Thinking Award: Wyatt Balogh & Levi Dayman (Gr. 8), The History of Canadian Trapping
Saskatchewan Heritage Foundation Award: Mekelie Borys (Gr. 5), Poltava Ensemble
Saskatchewan Sports Hall of Fame Sport Heritage Award: Megan Zimbaluk (Gr. 4), Ringette
150th Anniversary of Canadian Confederation Award: Derek Crowe-Amyotte & Lyrik Desnomie (Gr. 7), Residential Schools
Selected for Provincial Fair:
- Javier Tonita-Charriez (Gr. 4), Le glissement de terrain de Frank
- Kiera Muckelt-Landry (Gr. 4), Ringette
- Eli Gettle (Gr. 5), David Suzuki
- Daysha Garner (Gr. 5), INCA / CNIB
- Freyja Gunningham & Ella Truszkowski (Gr.5), Les artistes de la Saskatchewan
- Brynn Cullen & Charlie McNeil (Gr. 6), David Suzuki
- Gibson Cunningham (Gr. 6), Joseph-Armand Bombardier
- Emil Ouellet (Gr. 7), Vimy Ridge
- Sean-William Lalonde (Gr. 7), Edouard "Newsy" Lalonde
- Jordyn Gunderson (Gr. 7), The History of Canadian Medicare
- Sasha Prut & Subhana Syed (Gr. 8), The Holocaust
- Sarah Sproat (Gr. 8), The History of Canadian Oil Production
- Haylee Jones & Julia Pangan (Gr. 8), Jacques Cartier
- Michael McGillivray (Gr. 8), The Battle of Passchendaele
- Joseph Bonk (Gr. 8), Tommy Douglas
Selected for Canada's History Society's Young Citizens Program:
- Mekelie Borys (Gr. 5), Poltava Ensemble
- Daysha Garner (Gr. 5), INCA / CNIB
- Taylor Hall (Gr. 8), 4-H
- Shanice Krywulak (Gr. 8), Les droits homosexuels
- Ivy Ling (Gr. 6), Midwives in Canada
- Mataya O'Watch (Gr. 7), Sunga Tonga Waci
- Rhyder Renner (Gr. 6), I - STAR
- Rhegan Unrau (Gr. 7), The National Ballet of Canada
- Connor Williams (Gr. 8), Young's Equipment
Teachers must register (through the Heritage Saskatchewan website) to participate in the Heritage Fair program by the first Monday in February of each year. In 2018, that deadline is February 6. Approximately one month after teachers have registered, the Regina Regional Heritage Fair Committee will let registered teachers know how many students can represent their schools at the Regina Regional Heritage Fair.
Once teachers have completed their Classroom and/or School Heritage Fair, teachers register their students selected to represent their school at the Regional Fair by April 10, 2018 on the online registration system (through the Heritage Saskatchewan website).
Please contact Kira Fladager at email@example.com for more information about the Regina Regional Fair. For more information about the Heritage Fairs program in general, or for questions regarding registration, please contact Katherine Gilks.