2017 Regional Fairs:
Moose Jaw Regional Heritage Fair - Thurs. April 27
- Location: Western Development Museum - Moose Jaw (50 Diefenbaker Dr.)
Swift Current Regional Heritage Fair - Fri. April 28
- Location: Swift Current Museum (44 Robert St. W)
Saskatoon Regional Heritage Fair - Thurs.-Fri. May 4-5
- Location: Western Development Museum - Saskatoon (2610 Lorne Ave)
Regina Regional Heritage Fair - Fri. May 5
- Location: Campus Regina Public (1069 14th Ave E)
Saskatoon Tribal Council Regional Heritage Fair - Fri.-Sat. May 12-13
- Location: Wanuskewin Heritage Park
The Regional Heritage Fair includes the opportunity to:
- develop communication skills by presenting Heritage Fair projects to other students, parents, members of the public and judges
- participate in heritage-related workshop activities
- compete for a variety of awards
- meet other students from their region who are interested in heritage
- represent their school in a province-wide initiative
Schools and parents are responsible for ensuring students have chaperones as well as transportation to the venue. Chaperones must bring signed consent forms for each student.
Student projects will be judged up to three times during the Regional Heritage Fair. Students will be judged in the language selected in the registration system. Judges will utilize a standard judging rubric.
Students may wish to begin their judging by presenting a 2-3 minute oral presentation. The purpose of the oral presentation is to introduce the project and share the important research. Judges will then interview the students about their project so be prepared to answer questions about why the topic was chosen, how the research was done, what the results were and what was learned about the topic. The purpose of the interview is to evaluate the depth of understanding of the student’s topic. The judges will also review your written report. The judges will assess their impression, impact, originality, creativity and level of research in your written report.
Please view the video featuring the 2014 Regina Regional Heritage Fair and select your Regional Heritage Fair (Saskatoon, Regina, Moose Jaw) for more details. For further information, contact our Education Coordinator, Katherine Gilks, at firstname.lastname@example.org .